I will be Midwife !!




Well, sincerely, at first my option was odontology, and my second choice was obstetrics.
I came to Santiago to study, and at first it was hard being alone in a strange city, but I was hopeful with this carrer and had the support me of my parents and friends, that they said me: “you'll be my midwife and assisting the birth of all my children”
... with the days I got used to the people and the environment ... and university life..hard life…big books and study every day!!
Last year, I was informed while studying and while I was in clinical practice…and I startet to love obstetrics! The neonatology and public health.
What motivated me to continue was the practice in the health center and see the problems of women about their sexuality (contraception, infections, family planning, etc) very interesting and disturbing for me.
In the society, the midwife plays a very important role, because they care for women in their most vulnerable period and often are friends and psychologists… not only helps the birth.
Today, I can not imagine doing anything else. This race makes me very happy and feel that the country needs us the midwives, we must change the form of birth!

NOT TO UNNECESSARY CESAREAN!
YES HUMANIZED BIRTH (the mother to choose how you want your delivery…)
YES TO THE INTEGRATION OF CULTURES AT BIRTH!! (mapuche, etc)


It's a career so close to people, so human and beautiful! impossible not to enjoy yourself!
Being a midwife is to be present in the happiest moments of a family, and I do all my life!

Regards for all and good vibes!

Something about humanized birth:

http://www.med.uchile.cl/entrevistas/3659-el-parto-humanizado-una-nueva-experiencia-para-las-madres.html

3 comentarios:

  1. Hi my dear Kathie!!
    I expected you up this picture! jajajaja
    I feel the same, obstetrics is a beautiful carrer. Also..thanks to it we're friends! =)

    Kisses, see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi katyy!! well, the support from your parents and friends is very important when you live in regions!! you are very strong!

    bye katyy, kisses

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Kat espinoza....you are very "shoriza" in the photo!!! :)
    I am happy for you election!!!

    ResponderEliminar